Luquillo Taxi and Tours
Island Breeze Tours & Taxi
For a great insight about transportation options in Vieques written by a traveler see Getting Around Vieques Island, Weighing Your Transportation Options
VIEQUES ISLAND TOURS & TRANSPORTATION
Sight Seeing, Historical Tours, or just plain pre-arranged pickup and drop-off from airport or ferry harbor. Custom tours and group transportation. Their vehicles are modern with air conditioning and the company is fully insured and the only one endorsed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company. Call 787 397-2048 or 787 556-6003.
- VIEQUES PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
You can use the Vieques "carros publicos" for a very modest fee. You can
recognize them by the yellow tags. Most of them are vans that accommodate about
10 passengers. They operate from the ferry harbor and the airport. The "publico" fares are regulated, and they are:
- $3/person one way trip to anywhere in the old "civilian area"
- $5/person one way trip to the beaches in the Fish & Wildlife Reserves
- $5/person for a tour of Lighthouse, Fort, Sun Bay Beach/Esperanza
You can make arrangements with any of the drivers to pick you up at specified
times for an additional cost. The drivers are friendly and willing to get your business. Here are a couple of them:
- Lolo Felix 787 485-5447 cell
- Coqui Ayala 787 374-6820 cell,
night and day
- Josue 787 234-1697 cell, works from 4 pm to
787 238-1547 cell
- Rosa and Yeyo 787 312-1745 cell, Sat, Sun and
- Angel 787 484-8796 cell
787 374-8037 cell, works Fri 3 to 10 pm, Sat 9 am to 11 pm, and Sun 9am to 7
Vieques Taxi Service, Contact Ana Robles or Rafael Perez at cell phones (787) 313-0599 or (787) 385-2318. Example of Taxi
rate for two people to Sun Bay Beach from Isabel II is about $6 per trip, 4
to 7 people would pay about $10 per trip. They do not run at night. During
the night call one of the "publicos" above.
- Vieques Taxi, the newest taxi in town. Very reliable service using Jeep Wranglers.
For Vieques car rental information click here.
Updated Feb 04, 2019